After a LONG and hard battle with gastritis last month, I’m finally able to eat again and I’ve been spending SO much time in the kitchen cooking gut healing and plain recipes to help settle my stomach and get it healing.
I never thought gummy bears would be able to help me do that… but here we are.
There are tons of different ways you can make gummies, but I chose blueberry gummies (and the rest of these ingredients) for a few specific reasons.
Blueberry anthocyanins have the ability to efficiently reach the GI tract and exhibit a broad range of biochemical effects. They have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant capabilities that have proven effective against Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
Real gelatin protects the gastric mucosal lining and heals and seals the gut. Glutamic acid in gelatin is converted to glutamine in the body and has been shown to improve the integrity of the gut. Anything really gelatinous tends to not only go down well, but is very healing on the gut. Click here to order my favorite gelatin.
This is my sweetener of choice for these gummies and they’re of course loaded with gut healing benefits. Manuka honey supports oral health (remember — digestion starts in the mouth), helps prevent gastric ulcers, and has been proven to improve antioxidant status and reduce inflammation in rats with both IBS and ulcerative colitis, a type of inflammatory bowel disease.
It’s a natural antibacterial agent against H Pylori and lilsipper’s Bethany claims it has even helped her stimulate digestive juices taking it prior to her meals. Plus, it tastes really great and makes a nice natural sweetener for the gummies!
I’ll usually pop a few of these in before a meal to get that manuka honey in and ready to help me digest my meal. You can also enjoy these as a snack or as a yummy Halloween treat for your little ones that may be sensitive to allergens. Feel free to swap these out with your favorite fruits. This recipe was designed in mind for those healing from gut disorders, but my husband is VERY obsessed with these and eats them more than I do (and he has no tummy troubles).
I also grabbed these gummy bear molds on the cheap on Amazon, which came with a dropper as well. I’d highly recommend the splurge (they were less than $10) especially if you’re making them for your kids! But if you’re on a budget, you can pour this into a small cake pan and make it like you would “Jello”. You can either cut it up into squares or larger pieces as a dessert.
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup of Organic Blueberries (Frozen or Fresh)
- 1/4 Cup of Filtered Water
- 2 Tbsp of REAL Gelatin ( I use this gelatin )
- 1 Tbsp Manuka Honey
- Heat up blueberries and water on low-medium heat. Stir it around a bit. They don't need to melt and the water doesn't need to boil.
- Let them cool and blend.
- Add the blend to a small mixing bowl and add the gelatin and honey. Whisk it!
- Add the mix to your molds or to a small cake pan and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Enjoy them in the morning!!
- NOTE: If you notice the gummy bears are sticking to the molds, you can try spraying them with coconut oil spray so they don't stick or try more gelatin (and add more blueberry mix than you think you need to in the gummy molds).