Have you ever felt like a slave to your anxiety?
Back in January, some personal things were going on in my life that were triggering past trauma and I was having panic attacks up the wazoo.
(On top of my existing gut and immune issues.)
As someone who has done the work: having gone to therapy, gotten my spinal subluxations fixed, having a clean diet, exercising, and continuing to manage my stress — I was confused as to why I was experiencing panic attacks and anxiety to this extent.
The last time I had experienced something like this was before my wedding over two years ago (like, we almost cancelled our wedding and got married in a park the panic attacks were so bad).
I understand that there is likely some underlying or unresolved trauma to work through that’s still present, but EMDR therapy isn’t in the budget for us right now and I’d been getting along fine with the work I had done and with me continuing to prioritize some of these healthy habits.
I remember before our wedding several people suggested pharmaceutical drugs.
And I just didn’t want them.
I’m not anti-pharma.
I am just tired of that being the first solution to everything.
But I knew at the time I needed some outside help. Something, biologically, was not right and I needed to feel calm and safe in my own skin again. So, I asked my therapist and did TONS of research on several different anxiety and brain health supplements.
I ended up taking Kavinace and had some success with it – enough to have the most perfect wedding day ever!
But I’m convinced that was more because SO many people were praying for me during this time that I know God allowed us to have the most magical day.
I didn’t need to use the Kavinace too much after that, so when this new episode of panic attacks rolled around, I knew I wanted to experiment with some other supplements.
I had been doing some research into a superfood powder company called Organifi a few months prior to this happening, so I thought I’d check them out to see what their brain health stuff looked like.
I found out they had a Brain Health bundle and decided to commit to trying it for 30 days. Here’s what it came with.
Organifi’s PURE is an energizing superfood powder blend that is specifically formulated to support your brain and gut health. All Organifi products are organic as well as gluten, dairy, and soy free (which is a BIG bonus in my book), but the PURE stood out to me for it’s neurotropic benefits.
Lion’s Mane Extract, the rockstar in this blend, is known to protect vital brain cells, improve mood, fight anxiety/depression, and help provide energy.
The inclusion of ingredients like aloe vera, ginger, digestive enzymes, apple cider vinegar, and coconut water aid in supporting gut health because the gut and brain are deeply interconnected via the gut-brain axis.
Organifi’s Gold is a calming superfood powder blend that supports the whole body. Most of us know turmeric is amazing for it’s anti-inflammatory benefits. That means if you want to reduce pain or inflammation in any area of the body, taking turmeric internally is a good place to start.
The addition of Reishi and Turkey Tail mushroom make this a blending a calming one that enhances sleep and the body’s immune system.
You can take both Organifi Gold and PURE with water, milk, or any other liquid you’d like.
I decided to take each product as directed.
I took the PURE first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and the Gold before bed.
After trying Organifi’s PURE and Gold every day for 30 days, here’s what I experienced/noticed.
- My sleep was WAAAYYYYY better. Organifi’s Gold is no joke. That stuff will make you so cozy and ready to sleep. Usually, it can take me anywhere from 15-20 minutes to fall asleep, but I am out in 5-10 minutes with the Gold. Those mushrooms really do the trick, lol. It doesn’t have a drowsy-ing effect, though, so you can still take this during the day!
- My energy improved. The PURE didn’t exactly cure my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, but it definitely gave me back some of my natural *morning person* energy and helped me avoid the 2 o clock crash feeling. The combination of both the PURE and the Gold probably helped me out here (good quality sleep and a mental boost).
- I got my period on time and without pain. Normally, my period is very irregular and very painful. Balancing my hormones is something I am actively working on. The fact that I got my period on time and with no pain after taking these for 30 days straight has made me a BELIEVER in these products. Holy wow. Thank you, Organifi!
- It soothes my acid reflux. A few times this month, I experienced my normal GERD and LPR symptoms (a chronic cough or that uncomfortable burning sensation). I was curious if the Gold would help, so I’d drink it and within 1-2 hours my symptoms would subside. NOTHING has ever had such instantaneous results with my reflux for me before (not even the Gastromend). I’m guessing it was all of the anti-inflammatory ingredients in the Gold that did the trick.
- My panic attacks stopped. Enough said!
Also, I’m someone that tends to be sensitive to a lot (fragrances, food, and supplements), but I had absolutely no die off or negative reaction to these (or any of the Organifi products since) which was a big deal for me too.
After experiencing these results, now I’m a die hard Organifi believer.
I’m not claiming that this treated my anxiety, CFS, or digestive disorders.
I just love the results and how I feel so much that I don’t feel the need to try something else for the time being. The company has been so great to connect with too and is amazing at answering any questions/concerns I have. They truly care about the health and well-being of their customers and I’m so happy to share that after testing out their products for 30 days, I decided to become an ambassador!
I know I did months worth of research into Organifi before committing to buying and what made it easier was having a discount. So, I wanted to offer that to any readers that were interested.
If you use the code STEPHW, you’ll get 15% off any product or purchase with Organifi.
I hope that helps you on your journey to health!
Feel free to comment below or e-mail me if you have any questions about Organifi’s products. I’ve definitely tried them all at this point! 😉